It’s no wonder that Anna Maria Island is one of the most acclaimed wedding venues in the United States. With its combination of powder-white sand, sapphire waters, spectacular sunsets, and “old-Florida” feel, this cozy island community is perfect for tying the knot with that special someone. Here’s a look at four favorite options that make an ideal backdrop for your wedding ceremony:
- At the corner of Gulf Drive and White Avenue is a shady, tree-lined path that leads directly to one of the most spectacular beachfront areas on the island. There is plenty of parking for your guests and the secluded surroundings add a note of privacy the occasion. With its simple beauty and easy access, this is one of Anna Maria Island’s most ideal spot for a wedding.
- The Sandbar Restaurant has everything you could possibly need for a wedding celebration, including a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico, seating for up to 160 people, and award-winning chefs who will be happy to prepare a feast for you and your guests. If you’re in the market for a full-service venue on your special day, then the Sandbar Restaurant is well worth considering.
- Coquina Beach is a great choice if you’re planning a larger ceremony. Recite your vows along the sun kissed shores or choose a nearby shaded area to say, “I do.” Coquina Beach also offers footpaths, boardwalks, and sturdy piers that stretch deep into the ocean waters. If you’re lucky, then you’ll catch a glimpse of bottlenose dolphins just off the shore. With scenic beauty, plenty of room, and reasonable permit fees, Coquina Beach has it all.
- Some people prefer a large, grassy area for their event to getting married on the sand. For these folks, there is Bay Front Park. As its name suggests, this location is on the island’s eastern shore, yet sunset views are but a few blocks away. Bay Front Park offers a spacious pavilion with 13 tables, two large grills, a concrete serving table, restroom facilities, electric, and water. It’s also handicapped accessible. Practical yet beautiful, Bay Front Park is a great choice for your wedding day.
- The island also offers dozens of other potential locations for your ceremony. Our chamber of commerce can give you all the details, helping you to match your preferences to the ideal venue for your needs. This kind of personalized service is just one of the many reasons why Anna Maria Island is Florida’s wedding capital. We hope to see you soon!
Whether you’re planning an intimate ceremony for your partner and a few guests or a lavish affair for hundreds, one thing you’ll need is the right place to stay. But hotels are becoming more crowded and less accommodating by the day. So why not choose one of our short-term vacation rental properties instead? They offer all the comforts of home, including real privacy. Yet our rates are lower than you may think. Browse our site to see for yourself.