Vacation Home Terms & Conditions
The purpose of our terms and conditions is to ensure we maintain the highest standards in each of our properties for our owners and for our guests. It is our goal to keep each property well maintained and to keep our neighborhoods peaceful and relaxing. Anna Maria Island is a special place with a blend of snowbirds, year round residents and rental visitors. With keeping our standards high through property regulations this will make it a positive experience for all involved. With everyone working together Anna Maria Island will remain an enjoyable place to return to for years to come.
1. Reservation Deposit: We require an advance deposit of 25% of each reservation made within 10 days of the reservation or the reservation is subject to cancellation. Reservation deposits may be made using a credit card however final payment must be made via check, e-check or cash. Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC accepts VISA, Master Card and Discover. Reservations made 30 days or less prior to the guest stay require full payment at the time of reservation. All guests are required to place a credit card on file at the time of reservation.
2. Final Payment: The balance of rental fees, taxes, security/damage deposit, cleaning and reservation fees are due 30 days prior to check in and may be paid via cash, check, or through our Guest Login on our website using a credit card for your convenience. If your payment is not received 30 days prior to your stay, Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC reserves the right to charge the credit card on file for the balance of the guest reservation.
3. Travel Protection Insurance: Travel Protection Insurance is available through CSA Travel Protection. It is automatically calculated and added to your rental rate upon booking. The plan is optional but we strongly recommend it. In case of any unforeseen events, this insurance helps protect your vacation investment. You can decline the coverage by signing the waiver form enclosed with your Confirmation and returning it to Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC within 10 days of receipt of your confirmation. Questions concerning CSA Travel Protection can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website http://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/ or calling 866-999-4018.
4. Vacation Rental Damage Protection: A Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan in the amount of $50 will be collected on each reservation. This non-refundable damage protection fee does NOT cover intentional damage, theft or breach of policies. The damage protection is limited to a maximum of $3,000 unintentional and/or accidental damage per stay. This Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. Any damages that exceed $3,000 will be charged to the credit card on file. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan may be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan. Please contact Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment. By opting out of Vacation Rental Damage Protection, the guest will be required to place a security deposit on hand with Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC.
5. Security Deposit: Each property requires protection against damages in excess of normal wear and tear, if a guest elects to opt out of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection they will be required to submit a $1,000 security deposit due 30 days in advance of the guest arrival date. Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC reserves the right to withhold any or all of the security deposit for a period of up to 30 days after the guest departure date to allow for inspection of the rental property.
6. Cleaning Fee: Your vacation rental property will be cleaned to quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of the property during your stay and for leaving the property in good condition at check0out. Each property has a cleaning fee associated with the size and amenities at the property. We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. Excessive cleaning required by the cleaning staff subsequent to check out will result in a charge to the credit card on file.
7. Taxes: Taxes are required to be collected on rentals in duration of six months or less and are calculated in the reservation amount subject to the State of Florida Sales Tax and Manatee County Resort Tax.
8. Cancellation: In the event of cancellation more than 30 days from the date of arrival, we will refund all deposits made less $150 cancellation fee. For cancellations made 30 days or less of the guest arrival date, no refunds will be given. Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC will make the property available for rent at the time of cancellation notification. If the property is subsequently re-rented during the same time period the guest will be entitled to a refund. Refunds are subject to the amount recovered under the new reservation which may be discounted, less $150 cancellation fee. Properties may not be sublet without prior consent by Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC. Please note, refunds will be given no earlier than 10 days from the date of deposit.
9. Check In / Check Out: Check in time begins at 4:00 PM EST the date of your arrival. If you have a late arrival please refer to your confirmation for additional information. Check out time is 10:00 AM EST without exception to ensure the property is properly cleaned prior to the arrival of the next guest. Rate adjustments cannot be made for late check-in or early departure.
10. Inclement Weather: Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC cannot be held responsible for inclement weather and accordingly, refund of rental monies is not required to be given. Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given by CSA Travel Protection if you have purchased coverage before the storm was named.
11. Pets: Many properties managed by Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC are considered pet friendly residences. The pet owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend rental owner against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their pet(s). In the event a guest has a pet in the residence where it is not allowed, the guest may be asked to vacate the property and will forfeit all payments made to Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC and will incur at $250 cleaning fee in addition to monies paid.
12. Smoking: All properties managed by Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC are considered No Smoking. Guests may smoke outside of the residences with the entry ways closed to reduce the risk of smoke within the residence. Guests will incur an additional charge of $500 for cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found within the property.
13. Occupancy: Each property includes a stated limitation on the number of overnight guests which the property can accommodate. No exceptions will be made to this stated capacity, should more individuals than allowed be found to be staying at a property the guests may be asked to vacate the property and no refund will be given. Guests are encouraged to have visitors but are required to maintain a reasonable level as not to disturb neighboring properties. Visitors found to be using the property as overnight accommodations may result in all guests being asked to vacate the property.
14. Large Gatherings: Properties are located in residential neighborhoods with annual residents, therefore large gatherings are strictly prohibited by Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC for the consideration of our neighbors. Under no circumstances shall the property be used to host a wedding, wedding reception, family reunion or other like event which results in a large number of individuals at the property. Guests in violation of this policy will be asked to vacate the property and will forfeit any monies paid to Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC and may be subject to additional fees which you authorize to be charged to the credit on file for the reservation.
15. Parent or Legal Guardian: The reservation is required to be made by an individual of at least 25 years of age. The properties are considered family vacation rentals and therefore each individual under the age of 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must also reside at the property throughout the duration of the stay. Reservations obtained under false pretenses will cause forfeiture of all payments and guest will be asked to vacate the rental property immediately. This policy includes reservations made by parents who do not check-in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS!
16. Parking: Each vacation rental can accommodate and is limited to one vehicle for each bedroom (with no more than three vehicles at properties with more than three bedrooms). Should a guest have visitors, their guests are subject to the same vehicle limitation at the property. Street parking is allowable in certain locations subject to local ordinances and should be considered daily parking for visitors only. No boats, motor homes, trailers, commercial vehicles, etc., .shall be permitted on the property.
17. Good Neighbor Policy: Rental properties are located in neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year round residents. Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations of the local municipality in which you are located, a summary of which are provided for you within the property and through our phone app. All guests, as well as owner, are required to conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject to eviction. Please do respect the rights and space of nearby homeowners and other vacationers.
18. Keys & Remote Controls: The majority of properties managed by Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC are secured by electronic locks which require a numerical code for entry rather than keys. Properties with keys are the responsibility the guest identified on the rental agreement. Properties where the keys are lost and/or remotes for electronics or appliances are lost are subject to a $25 replacement fee.
19. Pools: Properties with heated pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees, on days when the weather is cool the pool heaters will not be able to accommodate swimming. Temperature recovery times will vary due to the outdoor temperature. Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC is not responsible for the temperature of the pool due to weather or pool malfunctions and cannot provide refunds for any such events. The guest acknowledges if the property is equipped with a private pool (the “Facilities”), Guest hereby accepts and agrees to the following:
- • Guest shall ensure that the Facilities are used in a safe manner at all times and that non-adult use of the Facilities is supervised by a qualified and capable adult.
- • Unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Guest or Guest’s visitors is a material breach of this contract and shall permit Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC to terminate IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT NOTICE Guest’s occupancy of the Property.
- • Guests are prohibited to tamper with chemicals or equipment. If Guest is found to have tampered with chemicals or equipment, the Guest will be responsible for any expenses incurred.
- • Guest shall indemnify and hold Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC (its officers, employees, agents and equity holders) and the Owner of the Property harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims and expenses for personal injury or property damage resulting from unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Guest or the Guest’s visitors.
20. Maintenance: The properties are regularly maintained to ensure the quality of your vacation rental property. During your stay you will be provided a schedule of regular maintenance performed throughout the week which may include landscaping, lawn care, and pool cleaning, etc. In the event of a mechanical failure at the property, please contact Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat as soon as possible so we can quickly schedule the repair. No rent adjustments can be made for circumstances beyond our control or for malfunction or loss of use of equipment of amenities. Guest agrees to allow Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC employees, vendors, contractors or subcontractors access to the rental property to make necessary repairs or improvements in the management of the property.
21. Properties for Sale: There are instances where the properties are for sale and from time to time it is necessary for realtors to show these properties to potential buyers. If this circumstance arises we require the realtor to give us a 24 hour notice so we may inform you of this interruption. We try very hard to limit this to one time during a stay, however we do reserve the right to show this property as needed.
22. Indemnity: Guest indemnifies Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC and the property owner from and against any and all liability, loss, damage and expense, including reasonable attorney fees and disbursements arising from injury to persons or damage to rental property; occasioned by the failure of the property owner to comply with any provision of law or this agreement; occasioned by any act or omission of the property owner or any person residing in or renting owner’s property; occasioned by any act of omission of the property owner, or property owner’s agents, servants, or contractors; or, occasioned by any act of omission, with the exception of such acts or commissions constituting gross negligence or willful misconduct of Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC, its agents, servants, or contractors when acting as agent for the property owners as provided herein. Special risks may be involved when using pool and guest assumes all responsibility for himself/herself and their guests and for the consequences of those at risk. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever and hold harmless Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC and the property owner for accidents and claims resulting from accidents and or injury arising from use of the rental property and any of its equipment, porches, decks, stairs, parking area, elevators, common area, etc. The guest agrees to reimburse owner for any fine or penalty which may be imposed upon owner by any court, by reason of violation upon the premises through the use thereof, or fault of the guest herein, his agents or servants.
23. Radon Gas: Radon Gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. Levels that exceed Federal and State guidelines have been found in buildings in Florida. Additional information regarding Radon Gas and Radon testing may be obtained from Manatee County Health unit.
24. Communication Policy: Information collected at the time of reservation (email, physical address, phone number(s), name) will only be used to contact you regarding that reservation with the exception of your email and physical address. Your email and physical address will be used to send periodic newsletters, promotions, and other information pertaining to Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat. At any time, you may unsubscribe from these communications using the link at the bottom of the emails or contacting us directly. Personal information collected at the time of reservation will not be shared or sold for any circumstance.
25. Disclosure: Guest acknowledges that Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC is the agent of the property owner and will be paid by the owner. All monies are placed in an interest-bearing bank account with interest payable to agent. Guest acknowledges that this written notice was given, and is understood, prior to entering into Rental Agreement, in compliance with all Florida Statues. Receipt of initial payment from guest to Lizzie Lu’s Island Retreat, LLC constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions.
I have read and agree to all the above terms and conditions for my website reservation. I am aware that a representative will contact me to confirm this reservation and that cancellation policies apply.